Northfork Golf Association
We invite you to experience the camaraderie of belonging to the Links at Northfork Golf Association.
*Please note that season pass holders must apply in person at the pro shop.
- Events will be held each Wednesday starting April, 24th and ending September, 4th.
- The cost for joining the Northfork Golf Association is $70.00 for the prize fund and $29 for the handicap fee.
- The full $70.00 prize fund will be paid out in merchandise certificates. Each event will be an 18-hole event. The amount paid out for each event will be based on the number of members who join the Golf Association.
- A member may play any time on Wednesday to be included in that day’s event.
- The format will vary from week to week. Events will be scored gross and net. A participant is only able to win one division or the other. Tiebreakers will be listed on each event sheet. Event sheets will be available to everyone prior to the start of their round.
- The “Major Wednesday” will be held once a month from May-August. For this one Wednesday a month the prize fund payout will be increased to make the event more exciting. The “Major Wednesday” will usually be held the same week as the PGA major. A hole-in-one prize funded by the club will be held in conjunction with each Major Wednesday starting in May.
- In most cases the event will be scored, posted, and e-mailed by the Monday following the event.
- The Club Championship is scheduled for Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th. The Club Championship is open to any club member with a valid handicap.
- All GA members are required to maintain their handicap with the club. A member may maintain a handicap at two clubs with the same GHIN number. This is the recommended way for those members playing at more than one club.
- A member without an established handicap must post at least 10 scores to receive an established handicap. Until at least 5 scores are posted a member without a handicap will play as a “0” handicap. After 5 posted scores the handicap committee will assign the member a handicap to play by. This may change from week to week.
- Golf Association events should be posted in the handicap computer on a hole by hole basis to ensure that scores are adjusted for equitable stroke. Equitable stroke adjustment should not be taken while playing. The winners of each event will have their score verified against the handicap computer. If the winners score was not posted the member is disqualified from that event.
- The tee times from 2-4:30 will be held until noon on Monday for GA members only. We encourage members to play throughout the day. Members may play a replay round subject to availability. A replay fee may apply.
- A skins game will be held with each event. The cost will be $5.00. Participation in the skins game is not mandatory. A Member will choose which division they wish to participate in, i.e. gross or net. A Member will choose which division they wish to participate in (ex. gross or net). The net division will be broken into 2 flights. A member may participate in both divisions at a cost of $10.00. Payouts will be based on the number of participants in each division and will be played on all 18 holes regardless of what event is scheduled for the day.
- A Neary contest will be held each week. The cost to participate will be $2.00.
- A net shootout event will be held. It will cost $2.00 to qualify. Once a member has qualified he does not need to qualify again unless he drops off the qualifying list. The net shootout will be held in August.
- Singles and Doubles Match Play events will be held throughout the golf season. Match play is open to any club member with a valid handicap. A prize fund of $20.00 will be charged to enter the singles division and $20.00 per person for the doubles match play division. The drawing for singles and doubles match play will be held May 16th and 23rd, respectively.
- Members who are 60 years of age or older may play from the Black tees. Those members that are 70 years of age or older may play the combo tees.
- In event of inclement weather the Golf Association Committee will decide if an event has taken place. The committee will strive to make the most equitable decision possible when determining whether a full, partial, or no event has occurred.
- The above are subject to change when the GA committee meets in March.